1 Mango -peeled, seeded, and diced
1 Cup white wine vinegar
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
4 Tbsp lime juice
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 clove garlic – minced
1 habanero pepper, seeded and minced
3 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
Sea salt to taste
Peel and seed the mango, cut half into a small dice and set aside. Place the other half of the mango into a blender and add the next 6 ingredients and blend 10 seconds. Add the cilantro and remainingmango into dressing and stir. Add salt to taste and cover and refrigerate until needed.
Courtesy Habanero Grill
1 to 7 Habaneros (I mean you could add more… pain is good right?)
Clove of garlic
Vinegar (go light)
Fruit of your choice (add sugar if the fruit is not sweet)
Put it all in the food processor and puree until it is fine as wine. Bottle and refrigerate. Will last for years to come (or a week in our house).
Courtesy Kevan Rabat
The most delicious, basic tomato sauce.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- 1 28 oz (big) can whole Italian tomatoes (only Italian will do)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- Course salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 habanero, diced
- Heat oil over medium. When hot (not before) add habanero, garlic, a little salt and pepper. Cook until garlic just starts to brown. Add tomatoes and basil, cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, using a wooden spoon to break up tomatoes. Pour over spaghetti proudly because you have just made the freshest, most incredible tomato sauce ever…thousands of restaurants WISH they were you!