I guess when you lay down a bunch of mostly raw spinach on a plate and top it with other vegetables you’re supposed to call it a salad, but this is a main course in our house and I think it will become a favorite of yours.
|“Not Really a Salad” Salad||
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium baking potatoes, cut in half-inch cubes
- 2 habaneros, diced
- 4 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 bunches flat-leaf spinach, torn
- 2 ounces Parmesan, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 6 eggs
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil on medium-high in a cast iron skillet. Add potatoes; season with coarse salt and pepper and cover. Add habaneros when potatoes are almost finished. Cook, tossing occasionally, until potatoes are nice and brown.
- In a large bowl, combine rest of the oil with vinegar, mustard and shallot; season with salt and pepper, and whisk together. Add spinach and Parmesan and potatoes on top, then gently combine and plate.
- Heat skillet over medium, crack eggs into skillet whole and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook until yolk is where you like it (runny is good in this dish). Top each salad with an egg. If this is a salad then I’m going vegetarian.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe