Hot Flake Quiche
I wish I could describe how fantastic this is. Using the phyllo dough instead of a regular pie crust is hands down the only way I’ll ever do this from now on. It’s easier, faster and better (x10).
- 1/2 a habanero
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Three egg yolks
- One whole egg
- 1/4 cup parm cheese
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar
- 1/2 package of phyllo dough
- Butter bottom of pie dish, lay in phyllo dough
- 370 for 35 minutes
- Cook that hab in olive oil for a few minutes (just to take off the edge and develop he flavors) and let it cool.
- Butter the bottom of a pie pan and lay i the phyllo dough (all the layers- just do it). Fold over any edges hanging off.
- In a bowl mix the other ingredients until the eggs are beaten well. At this point you COULD add other things like ham etc. be careful not to add anything that will make it soupy (frozen spinach, fresh veggies etc. You can cook off the water in the habaneros then add to the mixture once its cooled).
- Bake for 35 minutes at 370, EAT!